This has become one of my most favorite dinners to make because it’s SOOO flavorful, hearty, healthy, & easy to make! All you really have to do is prep the fresh produce, drop everything in the crock pot, then set-and-forget it! It’s a GREAT meal for a cold Fall of Winter day, so I hope you enjoy!
And if you ARE enjoying the content from Seasons of Selah, I’d love for you to subscribe to our email list so you can keep up-to-date of any news, opportunities, & deals I’m offering! I love encouraging you in Christ & in life, so don’t miss out!
Slow Cooker Pot Roast over Rice
- 1 Slow Cooker Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 9 hours.
- 3.5 lbs chuck or rump roast
- 2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2.5 lbs red potatoes cubed
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 oz white mushrooms chopped
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 tbsp flour or corn starch for gravy
- 1 tbsp olive oil for rice
- salt, pepper, seasonings to taste
- Sprinkle & rub in steak seasoning & rosemary on each side of the roast- 1 tbsp per side. (I usually rub 1 tbsp in on the open side while the meat is still in the packaging, flip it into the crock pot, & season the other side.)
- Add the beef, carrots, onion, celery, potatoes, water, & bouillon cubes to the slow cooker. Cover & cook on high for 6 hours or low for 9 hours.
- Start to cook rice about 25 minutes before the meal is complete. (1 part rice to 2 parts water ratio.) I always add olive oil & oregano to my rice at the beginning with the water to add flavor & prevent the rice from sticking together.
- About 15 minutes before the meal is done, chop & sauté the mushrooms with olive oil, garlic, & onion powder.
- Pour the juices from the slow cooker into a pot & bring to simmer. Slowly stir or whisk in 3 tbsp of flour or corn starch to create a gravy, then add the mushrooms to this. Once heated through, make sure the lumps are worked out, pour into the slow cooker with all the other ingredients & mix it all together. Shred the beef as you are mixing.
- Serve over rice & enjoy!