This has become one of my most favorite dinners to make because it’s SOOO flavorful, hearty, healthy, & easy to make! All you really have to do is prep the fresh produce, drop everything in the crock pot, then set-and-forget it! It’s a GREAT meal for a cold Fall of Winter day, so I hope you enjoy!
And if you ARE enjoying the content from Seasons of Selah, I’d love for you to subscribe to our email list so you can keep up-to-date of any news, opportunities, & deals I’m offering! I love encouraging you in Christ & in life, so don’t miss out!
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast over Rice
Enjoy this hearting, warming, & healthy slow cooker recipe for pot roast! Great for a cold Fall or Winter day!
- 1 Slow Cooker Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 9 hours.
- 3.5 lbs chuck or rump roast
- 2 tbsp steak seasoning
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 2.5 lbs red potatoes cubed
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 4 oz white mushrooms chopped
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 tbsp flour or corn starch for gravy
- 1 tbsp olive oil for rice
- salt, pepper, seasonings to taste
- Sprinkle & rub in steak seasoning & rosemary on each side of the roast- 1 tbsp per side. (I usually rub 1 tbsp in on the open side while the meat is still in the packaging, flip it into the crock pot, & season the other side.)
- Add the beef, carrots, onion, celery, potatoes, water, & bouillon cubes to the slow cooker. Cover & cook on high for 6 hours or low for 9 hours.
- Start to cook rice about 25 minutes before the meal is complete. (1 part rice to 2 parts water ratio.) I always add olive oil & oregano to my rice at the beginning with the water to add flavor & prevent the rice from sticking together.
- About 15 minutes before the meal is done, chop & sauté the mushrooms with olive oil, garlic, & onion powder.
- Pour the juices from the slow cooker into a pot & bring to simmer. Slowly stir or whisk in 3 tbsp of flour or corn starch to create a gravy, then add the mushrooms to this. Once heated through, make sure the lumps are worked out, pour into the slow cooker with all the other ingredients & mix it all together. Shred the beef as you are mixing.
- Serve over rice & enjoy!