I promise, I won’t bore you with 5 billion paragraphs before getting to the recipe. All I will say is this- we ate like royalty during that church-sponsored meal train but once it ended, it was rough. It has been interesting trying to figure out a cooking routine with a 3-month old baby in the house, so I have been on the hunt for easy, healthy, delicious, affordable, set-it-and-forget-it recipes. This one is one of those. All you need is a slow cooker or crockpot, & the ingredients, & you’re good to go. I hope you enjoy it!!
Easy Crockpot Chicken Nachos
- 1 Slow Cooker
- 3 Lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Yellow onion diced
- 1 Bell pepper diced
- 1 Can Black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 Can Corn
- 24 Oz Salsa
- 1 Packet Taco seasoning
- Line chicken breast along bottom of the slow cooker.
- Drain & rinse the black beans. Cover the chicken breast with the diced onion, bell pepper, black beans, & corn.
- Cover the chicken & vegetables with the salsa. I use mild salsa, but use a spicy salsa to give it more of a kick.
- Spread taco seasoning evenly across top of all ingredients.
- Set slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 5.5 hours. Once done, shred chicken & mix all ingredients together. Spread over top of nacho chips or wrap in a tortilla with other condiments such as sour cream, white queso, lettuce, etc. & enjoy.