As you may have recently read, things have been pretty hectic for me lately. When life gets hectic, I often have a hard time staying motivated on my own. When that happens, there are a few things I tend to listen to, to help me stay motivated & I just wanted to share them with you today in hopes that maybe they can help inspire & motivate you, too!
**I listen to most of these through my CastBox app on my phone & some through Facebook or Pandor, but I’m sharing the direct website links below.
For Financial Motivation:
- The Dave Ramsey Show: Some of the ideas he shares are ones we have already implemented, but there is often a lot of new information that is interesting & helpful to learn about. Also, as we continue to stick fulfilling out financial goals, it is so encouraging to hear the guests on his show do their debt-free scream. I hear the passion, excitement, & relief, & it drives me to continue on the path to our financial goals even if it is difficult because I know in the end it will be so worth it!
For Business & Life Motivation:
- The Chic Site by Rachel Hollis (Morning Live Streams): I don’t get to listen to these all the time, but when I do, I’m thankful for her, her passion for growth & business, & her passion for helping people reach their goals. A lot of times I end up watching the archived live streams through her Facebook page. She goes over all sorts of topics- fitness, organization, motivation, steps to efficiency, business & more. I’ve referenced how I’ve integrated some of her ideas into my daily life already, but she always brings something new & fun to the table.
- Summit Life with J.D. Greear: If I’m ever feeling lost, distracted, or running low on desire for the Lord, this is probably one of the first podcasts I listen to. I tend to be very careful of who I listen to preach because there are so many people who lead others astray so easily, & I don’t want to be one of them. From what I’ve listened to from him, though, his sermons are always Bible-centered, Christ-centered, & they always challenge & convict me. His style is real & genuine, but he is not afraid to teach the Bible & the Gospel like it is.
- VOM Radio: I absolutely love this ministry & I love this podcast. It is both so inspiring & convicting to hear the stories of what people around the world have & do go through for the sake of Christ. Listening to this podcast is one of the things that has pushed me to grow closer to the Lord through prayer & Bible study. I heard their stories & wondered if I were in their place, is my faith rooted strong & deep enough in the Lord to be able to withstand what they are enduring? That question scared me because honestly, I knew the answer was no. So it drove me to grow closer to the Lord because I wanted the answer to become yes, & since then I have developed & precious love for the time I spend with God…it’s something I wouldn’t want to trade for the world.
- Crazy Love Podcast: I listen to this every now & then as I am working through the Read Scripture Bible study layout for the year. It is Francis Chan going over different sections of the reading for the week & his thoughts & perspective. I love his honesty & his genuine thoughts, & I love that he always points you back to the Lord & the importance of developing a regular time in God’s presence every day- not out of ritual, but out of desire & love.
- Shane & Shane Radio Pandora Playlist: This is my go-to Pandora station. I listen to this when I am doing chores, business work, when I’m stressed or down, when I’m in the shower, or when I just feel like praising my lungs out. I love this playlist for so many reasons. I love Shane & Shane’s style & the fact that they literally turn scripture directly into song. I love that the style they have brings up other similar artists & songs, hymns, & praise music- some that are older & some that are on the radio today. It’s just all around a great playlist.
What are your favorite things to listen to when you’re needing a little motivation?
Be blessed, friends.
3 thoughts on “Listening for Motivation”
What a great list you’ve compiled here!! Craig Groeschel’s leadership podcast is a good one to listen to if you’re interested in leadership, management, etc.
Thank you! I’ll definitely check it out.